Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Does God Really Love Everyone?


Psalm 11
The Lord is a holy temple;
the Lord's throne is in heaven,
His eyes see, His eyelids test,
theChildren of man
The Lord tests the righteous,
but His soul hates the wicked and
the one who loves violence
Let Him reign coals on the wicked,
fire and sulfur and a scorching
wind shall be the portion of their cup.
Psalm 5:5-6
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all evildoers;
You destroy those who speak lies;
the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and decietful man.
Leviticus 20:23
And you shall not walk in customs of the nation that I am driving out before you, for they did all these things and therefore I detested them.
Hosea 9:15
Every evil of theirs is in Gilgal;
there I began to hate them.
Because of the wickedness of their deeds
I will drive them out of my house
I will love them no more;
all their princess are rebels.
Romans 9:13
As it is written, "Jacob I loved and Esau I hated."
The fact is, we all deserve to be utterly hated by God. Our whole lives are lived in rebellion against Him. God would be just if He damned every single one of us. However, He chose to set His love upon His people who repent and trust in Christ for their salvation. All those who do not will suffer God's holy and just wrath eternally.

No comments: